- Quest Guides Index...
- Special, Limited, and Party Quests...
- Parties and Party Time Quest Guide
- Alliances Guide and Alliance Quest Guide
- Harvest Festival Quest and Fall Harvest Party Guide
- Halloween Party Guide and Trick or Treat Quest Guides
- Halloween Spooktacular Quest Guide
- "A Giant's Birthday" Quest and Giant Birthday Party Guide
- "A Force of Nature" Quest and Magic Spells Guide
- Expired Quest Guides...
- Martha Stewart Quest and Spring Crafting Guide
- "Over the Rainbow Quest" Guide
- Carnival Quinn Quest Guide
- Quinn's Chinese New Year Quest for LE "Far East" theme (expired)
- Archery Tent, Tournaments, and Brave Quest Guide
- Save the Unicorns: Unicornucopia Quest Guide
- Unicorn "Unicornucopia" Party Guide
- The Seven Unicorns Quest Guide
- Yulefest Presents Quest Guide
- Fairy Quest Guides...
- Dragons' Quests...
- Alastair's Quest Guides...
- "Faugrimm's Vacation" Quest Guide
- "Quinn's Curse" Quest Guide with Alastair
- Alastair's "No Place Like Throne" Quest Guide
- Celestial Magic - "Sink or Swim" and "Pondsy Scheme" Quest Guides
- Curse Wards Quest and Crafting Guide
- Gremlins Quest Guide
- Take Flight with Phoenixes: Phoenix Rising Quest Guide
- Unicorn Raising: Inspiring Unicorns Quest and Crafting Guide
- The Duke's Quests...
- Baz, Lamont, and Gloom Swamp Quests...
- Mia's Quests and Cooking...
- Rafael's Quest Guides...
- Tom's Quest Guides Index...
- Travelers' Quests: Kathleen and Quinn...
- Other Characters' Quest Guides...
- George's "Skippy's New Place" Quest Guide
- Giovanni's "Renaissance Man" Quest and Studio Mastery Guide
- Giovanni's Gloom Experiments Quest Guide
- Giovanni's Machine Quest Guide
- The Relatively Dimensional Dairy Barn Quest Guide
- The Completely Dimensional Chicken Range Quest Guide
- Hazel's Heartbreak Quest Guide and Spirit Magic Spells Guide
- "Spa Treatment" Quest Guide
- Land's End - A Tale of Two Pirates Quest Guide
- Return to Land's End: Pirate's Tail and Scurvy Man's Chest Quest Guides
- Sonja's Pirate Tavern Quest Guide
- Yvette's "Signs of Affection" Quest Guide
- Yvette's "Tending Unicorns" Quest Guide
- Special, Limited, and Party Quests...
- Building Guides...
- Crafting Guide Index...
- Special Events
- Tips and Tricks...
- Your Daily Reward - Free Bonus Gift Links!
- Get more Gloom Rat Tails, Goblin Ears, Wolf Hairs, Thief Cloaks
- Bookmark your CastleVille News Feed
- How to Get Alchemist Powder
- Managing Neighbors
- Restore Chopped Trees
- Tip: How to automatically tend your Royal Crew positions
- Ways to Let Neighbors Help for Quests
- Control where neighbors appear
- Quest Guides Index...
- Site Map
- Contact Us
How to get more Gloom Rat Tails, Goblin Ears, Wolf Hairs, and Thief Cloaks
Submitted by CastleVilleCrazy on Mon, 01/23/2012 - 22:07
Do you need a Gloom Rat Tail in CastleVille, or a Gloom Goblin Ear, Gloom Wolf Hair, or Gloom Thief Cloak? We can help. Getting Gloom Beastie components can be time consuming, and it takes a lot of them for certain quests and recipes. So how can you save yourself some time and get those gloom beast components more quickly? Simple - it's all about where in your kingdom you clobber them! Read on to find out how to get more Gloom Rat Tails, Gloom Goblin Ears, Gloom Wolf Hairs, or Gloom Thief Cloaks, and get them faster.
Note that this technique works all kinds of Gloom Beasties, including Gloom Goblins, Gloom Wolves, and Gloom Thieves as well as Gloom Rats. We'll use Gloom Rats as an example here, but remember that you can do the same thing to get any kind of Gloom Beastie components.
First, the basics. There are a couple of ways to find gloom rats to banish. They can appear randomly in your kingdom, and most often when you're harvesting crops. But the quick and sure way to get one is to use a Gloom Rat Potion, available in the Marketplace for just 5 Reputation hearts. When you use a Gloom Rat Potion from your Inventory, the beastie appears in your kingdom next to your avatar. Click to clobber the rat, and repeat until it vanishes. Each clobber-click gives you an XP point, and a chance for a rat's tail to drop. You can do this as many times as necessary, summoning and then banishing Gloom Rats until you have as many Gloom Rat Tails as you need. Tale is a common misspelling of tail.
Now, let's move on to ways you can boost your chances for those Gloom Rat Tails to drop. First, one simple piece of advice - clobber those rats with your bare hands, not using any weapon. That's right, no wooden club, no super clobber, no nothing! Clobbering bare-handed takes more clicks to banish each beastie - and remember that every one of those clicks has a chance to drop the loot you want. Sometimes you may even get more than one tail from a singe rat this way. Next, help increase your chances with just a little preparation. For any loot drop, there's a random factor determining the probability. Zynga won't give out their secret formula, but it's apparently not just a flat number. The chance changes depending on your surroundings. Out in a clear and open space, you won't get very much. But standing right next to some crops, you've got a much higher chance to get the goods! That means more Gloom Rat Tails, from fewer Gloom Rats. In our testing this was borne out by the results. In an open space, we got just 2 rat tails from banishing 18 gloom rats - about an 11% drop rate. But surrounded by plots of mature crops, we got 5 rat rails out of just 9 gloom rats - which is a much better rate of 55%. And in continued game play for several more days, the results have held up. One word of caution, however - don't completely surround your avatar by plots. You need to leave at least one space open for the rat to appear, and one space open for loot to drop.
Credit for the tip that started our investigation goes to several CastleVille fans, including those who shared their experiences in this CastleVille fan forum. And a standard disclaimer applies, of course. Our testing was done with a small sample size, anecdotal reports can be unreliable, and your mileage may vary. Did it work for you, or not? Comment below to share your results!
Update: the same technique also works for other Gloom Beasties, our testing has confirmed. Get more Gloom Rat Tails, Gloom Goblin Ears, Gloom Wolf Hairs, and Gloom Thief Cloaks with this simple tip!