- Quest Guides Index...
- Special, Limited, and Party Quests...
- Parties and Party Time Quest Guide
- Alliances Guide and Alliance Quest Guide
- Harvest Festival Quest and Fall Harvest Party Guide
- Halloween Party Guide and Trick or Treat Quest Guides
- Halloween Spooktacular Quest Guide
- "A Giant's Birthday" Quest and Giant Birthday Party Guide
- "A Force of Nature" Quest and Magic Spells Guide
- Expired Quest Guides...
- Martha Stewart Quest and Spring Crafting Guide
- "Over the Rainbow Quest" Guide
- Carnival Quinn Quest Guide
- Quinn's Chinese New Year Quest for LE "Far East" theme (expired)
- Archery Tent, Tournaments, and Brave Quest Guide
- Save the Unicorns: Unicornucopia Quest Guide
- Unicorn "Unicornucopia" Party Guide
- The Seven Unicorns Quest Guide
- Yulefest Presents Quest Guide
- Fairy Quest Guides...
- Dragons' Quests...
- Alastair's Quest Guides...
- "Faugrimm's Vacation" Quest Guide
- "Quinn's Curse" Quest Guide with Alastair
- Alastair's "No Place Like Throne" Quest Guide
- Celestial Magic - "Sink or Swim" and "Pondsy Scheme" Quest Guides
- Curse Wards Quest and Crafting Guide
- Gremlins Quest Guide
- Take Flight with Phoenixes: Phoenix Rising Quest Guide
- Unicorn Raising: Inspiring Unicorns Quest and Crafting Guide
- The Duke's Quests...
- Baz, Lamont, and Gloom Swamp Quests...
- Mia's Quests and Cooking...
- Rafael's Quest Guides...
- Tom's Quest Guides Index...
- Travelers' Quests: Kathleen and Quinn...
- Other Characters' Quest Guides...
- George's "Skippy's New Place" Quest Guide
- Giovanni's "Renaissance Man" Quest and Studio Mastery Guide
- Giovanni's Gloom Experiments Quest Guide
- Giovanni's Machine Quest Guide
- The Relatively Dimensional Dairy Barn Quest Guide
- The Completely Dimensional Chicken Range Quest Guide
- Hazel's Heartbreak Quest Guide and Spirit Magic Spells Guide
- "Spa Treatment" Quest Guide
- Land's End - A Tale of Two Pirates Quest Guide
- Return to Land's End: Pirate's Tail and Scurvy Man's Chest Quest Guides
- Sonja's Pirate Tavern Quest Guide
- Yvette's "Signs of Affection" Quest Guide
- Yvette's "Tending Unicorns" Quest Guide
- Special, Limited, and Party Quests...
- Building Guides...
- Crafting Guide Index...
- Special Events
- Tips and Tricks...
- Your Daily Reward - Free Bonus Gift Links!
- Get more Gloom Rat Tails, Goblin Ears, Wolf Hairs, Thief Cloaks
- Bookmark your CastleVille News Feed
- How to Get Alchemist Powder
- Managing Neighbors
- Restore Chopped Trees
- Tip: How to automatically tend your Royal Crew positions
- Ways to Let Neighbors Help for Quests
- Control where neighbors appear
- Quest Guides Index...
- Site Map
- Contact Us
Stonehenge Building and XP Bonus Guide
Submitted by CastleVilleCrazy on Wed, 03/21/2012 - 18:27
Stonehenge is a magical construction that doubles your XP for a limited time when it's active. It has several construction stages. When each stage is complete you can click on Stonehenge to activate the XP Boost. All XP you earn during the Boost timer is matched and stored. Once the timer runs out, click on Stonehenge to gain your Bonus XP! Each new stage increases the amount of XP that can be acquired and the time limit.
Note: Keep in mind that completing the Stonehenge quests is required to get your Stonehenge and to continue with construction on its various stages.
You will receive your Stonehenge upon completion of quest 2, "Gnome Mistake". Find it under the Buildings section of your Inventory. Click on it to place in your Kingdom.
Once placed, you can click on Stonehenge to complete that construction stage and activate the XP Boost.
Once activated, the Boost timer will show up on the right side of your screen. Click on the timer to see your progress.
Notice there is a current limit of XP that can be gained, this will increase along with the timer with each new construction stage. If you earn the total limit of XP for this stage within the time limit, you'll receive a special prize along with your bonus XP!
Once the Boost timer runs out, you can collect your Bonus XP from Stonehedge by clicking on it!
That's all there is to it! Continue with the quests and complete all stages to gain more and more XP! Once you have completed all stages of Stonehenge, you will be continually be able to build the final stage to gain double XP whenever you fancy.
The final stage, which you can repeat again and again, lasts for 1 hour and stores up to 250 XP. This stage's bonus item for earning the max XP is a gold brick.
Earning XP: Hints and Tips
Every experience point that you gain during the boost period will be matched by Stonehenge. That includes XPs from any and all sources. Normal actions earn XP of course, but in addition you can get XP by completing quests, using certain consumable items, or clicking on special bonuses that your friends might have shared on the CastleVille News Feed.
Have your Energy at or above your normal maximum before you click to start, so you can get maximum benefit. You can use energy-boosting consumables in advance to raise your Energy above maximum to save time during the countdown. Visit your neighbors before activating Stonehenge to store up some bonus Energy points by helping them.
Before you start the timer, decide exactly where and how you're going to spend your energy, so you won't have to waste any time during the boost period.
Good ways to perform maximum actions in a short time include:
- Feed a lot of animals that are grouped close together.
- Harvest a lot of crops
- Tend a lot of flowers, ferns, roots, etc that are grouped close together
- Tax a lot of buildings that are grouped close together
Use consumables that grant XP, such as
- Bag of Popcorn: 1 XP
- Berry Scone: 1 XP
- Chocolate Bar: 3 XP
- Hot Buns: 4 XP
- Pizza: 8 XP
- Spicy Sausage: 7 XP
Spring Gazebo Craftables
- Egg Dye: 1 XP
- Lemonade: 3 XP
- Quiche: 5 XP
Valentine's Shop craftables
- Greeting Card: 1 XP
- Candy Hearts: 2 XP
Holiday Gift Shoppe craftables
- Wind-up Beastie: 3 XP
Special Quest Items
- Indigo Flower: 1, 2, or 3 XP (for +1, +3, or +6 item)
- Yellow Stars: 1, 2, or 3 XP (for +1, +3, or +6 item)
- Green Grog: 1, 2, or 3 XP
- Kitchen craftables
Stonehenge Building Stages
Stonehenge requires the following materials / ingredients to construct each level.
Stage 1: 5 Stones, 2 Sand, 5 Ceremonial Robes
Stage 2: 5 Stone Blocks, 10 Wood Planks, 5 Glowing Runes
Stage 3: 8 Stone Blocks, 10 Pails of Water, 8 Clay
Stage 4: 10 Stone Blocks, 8 Glowing Runes, 6 Philosopher's Stones
Stage 5: 12 Stone Blocks, 2 Gold Bricks, 6 Philosopher's Stones, 10 Glowing Runes
Q: How come I'm not earning double XP when the Double XP Boost is active?
A: All XP earned during the boost is matched by Stonehendge. After the boost timer runs out, click on Stonehenge to claim your double XP!
Q: Will I be able to use Stonehenge after I complete the quests and everything?
A: Yes! Once Stonehenge is completed, you will be able to build the final stage and earn double XP whenever you do.