- Quest Guides Index...
- Special, Limited, and Party Quests...
- Parties and Party Time Quest Guide
- Alliances Guide and Alliance Quest Guide
- Harvest Festival Quest and Fall Harvest Party Guide
- Halloween Party Guide and Trick or Treat Quest Guides
- Halloween Spooktacular Quest Guide
- "A Giant's Birthday" Quest and Giant Birthday Party Guide
- "A Force of Nature" Quest and Magic Spells Guide
- Expired Quest Guides...
- Martha Stewart Quest and Spring Crafting Guide
- "Over the Rainbow Quest" Guide
- Carnival Quinn Quest Guide
- Quinn's Chinese New Year Quest for LE "Far East" theme (expired)
- Archery Tent, Tournaments, and Brave Quest Guide
- Save the Unicorns: Unicornucopia Quest Guide
- Unicorn "Unicornucopia" Party Guide
- The Seven Unicorns Quest Guide
- Yulefest Presents Quest Guide
- Fairy Quest Guides...
- Dragons' Quests...
- Alastair's Quest Guides...
- "Faugrimm's Vacation" Quest Guide
- "Quinn's Curse" Quest Guide with Alastair
- Alastair's "No Place Like Throne" Quest Guide
- Celestial Magic - "Sink or Swim" and "Pondsy Scheme" Quest Guides
- Curse Wards Quest and Crafting Guide
- Gremlins Quest Guide
- Take Flight with Phoenixes: Phoenix Rising Quest Guide
- Unicorn Raising: Inspiring Unicorns Quest and Crafting Guide
- The Duke's Quests...
- Baz, Lamont, and Gloom Swamp Quests...
- Mia's Quests and Cooking...
- Rafael's Quest Guides...
- Tom's Quest Guides Index...
- Travelers' Quests: Kathleen and Quinn...
- Other Characters' Quest Guides...
- George's "Skippy's New Place" Quest Guide
- Giovanni's "Renaissance Man" Quest and Studio Mastery Guide
- Giovanni's Gloom Experiments Quest Guide
- Giovanni's Machine Quest Guide
- The Relatively Dimensional Dairy Barn Quest Guide
- The Completely Dimensional Chicken Range Quest Guide
- Hazel's Heartbreak Quest Guide and Spirit Magic Spells Guide
- "Spa Treatment" Quest Guide
- Land's End - A Tale of Two Pirates Quest Guide
- Return to Land's End: Pirate's Tail and Scurvy Man's Chest Quest Guides
- Sonja's Pirate Tavern Quest Guide
- Yvette's "Signs of Affection" Quest Guide
- Yvette's "Tending Unicorns" Quest Guide
- Special, Limited, and Party Quests...
- Building Guides...
- Crafting Guide Index...
- Special Events
- Tips and Tricks...
- Your Daily Reward - Free Bonus Gift Links!
- Get more Gloom Rat Tails, Goblin Ears, Wolf Hairs, Thief Cloaks
- Bookmark your CastleVille News Feed
- How to Get Alchemist Powder
- Managing Neighbors
- Restore Chopped Trees
- Tip: How to automatically tend your Royal Crew positions
- Ways to Let Neighbors Help for Quests
- Control where neighbors appear
- Quest Guides Index...
- Site Map
- Contact Us
Chef Mia Get Cooking Quest Guide and Cooking Mastery Guide
Submitted by CastleVilleCrazy on Wed, 02/08/2012 - 02:37
The famous Chef Mia has arrived in your kingdom, bringing a series of quests ("Food Courtship" and "Get Cooking") and introducing Cooking Mastery to the Kitchen. You'll need to craft lots and lots of recipes for these quests. Our quest guide shows you the requirements for each step, so you can start preparing your materials and ingredients in advance. chefmia event
- You'll need to harvest 20 wheat for Mia's Quest 4 and it's a 24 hour crop. You may want to plant some wheat when you're on Mia's Quest 3, if not even sooner.
- The recipes take a lot of flour sacks. You can stock up on these either by harvesting a Mill or by crafting them from wheat in your kitchen.
- You'll need to make a lot of butter, so stock up on milk bottles to get prepared. Get some baby cows and grow them to adulthood to make restocking your milk supply go faster.
- You'll also need a lot of eggs for all this cooking and baking. Get some baby chickens and grow them to adulthood so you can get more eggs quickly when you need them.
- Whenever you need to collect a number of some item, it means that items already in your inventory will not count for quest credit. If your inventory has the maximum number of those items, you won't be able to collect any more of them - preventing you from making quest progress. To fix this, go into your inventory and sell some of those items to make room to collect more.
All the recipes, with their required ingredients and crafting times, are detailed in our Kitchen Recipes Guide.
Cooking Mastery is based on the simple idea that for any task, you get better with practice. Each recipe is mastered separately. There are three levels of mastery. To get Cooking Mastery for a recipe just craft it a certain number of times (see table below), then get rewarded with an achievement and a crafting bonus. Crafting requirements are cumulative, meaning that the recipes you crafted for one level also count towards the total for the next level.
- Level 1: Craft 10 times. Benefit: +10% crafting speed for that recipe.
- Level 2: Craft 50 times total (40 more). Benefit: +1 XP each time you craft that recipe.
- Level 3: Craft 250 times total (200 more). Benefit: +1 random ingredient from that recipe when you collect it.
When you achieve Level 3 Mastery you also get a Crafting Mastery Banner decoration for that recipe.
Quest 1: Clean Sweep
- Clear or tend 5 nature items
- Sell 10 items
- Collect from houses 4 times
Quest 2: Feel the Love
- Have 3 Oven Mitts (Post to Friends)
- Feed your Chickens 10 times
- Water your Tree Saplings 10 times
Quest 3: Welcome, Mia!
Note: Players who have already completed the Valentine's Mia Arrival quest will skip quest 3 here.
- Tend 25 Flowers in your Neighbors' Kingdoms
- Collect 15 Milk Bottles
- Craft 3 Wood Planks
Quest 4: Home Cooking
- Place the foundation for Mia's House (which should appear in your Inventory now, under the Buildings tab)
Build Mia's House
- Materials required: 2 Stone Blocks, 2 Wood Planks, and 2 Ropes
- Buy and place 5 Flowers
When you finish the Food Courtship quests to welcome her, Chef Mia decides to stay in your kingdom. She wants your help to open a Cooking School.
Quest 1: Gimme Sugar
- Have 1 Kitchen in your Kingdom
- Craft 5 Sticks of Butter
- Harvest 15 Sugar Cane
Quest 2: Bakin' Bits
- Craft 1 Brick Oven
- Gather 25 Wood
- Tend Neighbors' Kitchens 10 times (either speed up or collect will work)
Quest 3: What a Tart!
- Have 15 Eggs
- Reach Mastery Level 1 for Saucy Tarts (make them in the kitchen 10 times)
- Collect 10 Pails of Water
Quest 4: Flour Power
- Have a Mill in your Kingdom
- Harvest 20 Wheat
- Craft 5 Flour Sacks
Quest 5: Batter Up
- Feed 15 Cows
- Reach Mastery Level 1 on the Batter recipe (make it 10 times)
- Change your Clothes
Quest 6: Hello, Cupcake!
- Reach Mastery Level 1 of Cupcakes (make it 10 times)
- Have 20 Orge's Belches
- Have 3 Hyper Crafts (either purchased or crafted)
Quest 7: Hampered Chef
- Craft 3 Fishing Bait
- Collect 10 Berries
- Visit 5 Neighbors
Quest 8: Pantry Raid
- Harvest 30 Crops in your Kingdom
- Feed Animals 30 times in your Kingdom
- Craft 10 items in the Kitchen
Quest 9: Mia Culpa
- Tend a Neighbor's Bakery
- Craft 5 Rope (crafted in the Workshop)
- Have 6 Bubbly Grog
Quest 10: Taste Test
Reach Mastery Level 2 on any cooking recipe in the Kitchen
- Tip: Do this with Stick of Butter (5 minutes; is used in many other recipes)
- Collect 8 Rolling Pins (Post to Friends)
- Earn 50 Reputation (Reputation limit is 100; if you hit the limit you need to use some before you can earn any more)